Thursday, November 09, 2006

My life so far...


Well, after getting back from an interesting time in Western Australia (read, great to see down south, bad to have my ex girlfriend abuse me!) i thought i had better knuckle down and do some proper knitting.
I took 2 socks and one vest with me, and didnt finish anything!
I guess now that my ex no longer wants to even be friends, its one less pair of socks i need to make by Xmas - always look on the bright side of life :D.

I'm currently this far into Knitty's Leftovers Vest for my sister - who wants plain black so the stockinette is KILLING me. Its knitted on Bendigo Mills 'Harmony', which is 20% wool, 79%cotton and 1% elastane. Because of the stretch I have had to go down to 3.75mm needles to get a fabric that isnt too loose. (i've just ordered some Addi Turbos for this vest, the yarn really doesnt like bamboo).
The picture is taken at work so sorry about the wonky background.
I've just realised, this is the biggest complete garment I will have ever made - i've done bags, hats, socks, scarves and baby booties but have yet to finish a big garmet - yay!


So of course, now i feel pumped to make something for myself. My stash is full of bags of yarn, which contain enough to make a jumper/cardigan whatever. Not to mention the giant head-sized balls from Bendigo Mills....
Then I saw 'Something Red' by Wendy at Knit and Tonic. I am in lurve! It looks like this, but imagine the long sleeved version, in black alpaca, with a cute red button on the front (and different increases at the raglan shoulders - i dont like the holes).


I think I will cast on for it in the next few days.....

1 comment:

Jeri said...

That is a gorgeous sweater for sure. Can you put a little skull on it somewhere? like in the center back.....