Monday, March 26, 2007

Bits and pieces....

Well, this a bit picture heavy, but anyway...

This is how far i am into monkey - the colour of the Lornas Laces didnt inspire me, but its looking good now. And a fast knit too which is good - for once i might finish these by the deadline!















Some baby hats, real simple, rectangles with ribbing, seam the edges, add tassels. The rainbow one is my own hand-dye (PRIDE baby hat hehehe for a queer couple i know). The green is Holiday, a normally yukky yarn, but they have changed it to be quite nice. Baby top to follow in same colour.















Calorimetry - yep i did succumb. The top one is some random Katia yarn, the right one is Noro Kureyon and the bottom one Noro Silkgarden. The Noro took half a skein each exactly! I think the pinky-red one looks a bit like a c*nt, but that could just be me. They are sitting in my FO box, they are emergency birthday/easter/whatever presents...















And lastly, Fit to Be Tied from The Happy Hooker. My first real crochet project. I made it a while back and gave it to my friend Jodie in Perth for Xmas. She loves it! I used Country Silk from Cleckheaton, 2 balls.















Excersize Blog: Today I ran. You have to understand how big a thing this was for me - i *never* run. I may walk fast or *trot* if i am late for a train, but i dont run. I had 3 minutes left on the treadmill at the gym, so i thought give her all shes got Scottie! I ran for a whole 3 mintues!!!!! yay! And my arch-nemesis was there again.

Theres this blonde chick who insists on hogging one of the cycle machines every morning for half an hour+. The gym is busy (and nary a spare bike), there are signs stuck to the bikes saying please only do 20 mins, and Ms Blonde sits there pedalling away, reading her New Weekly and not even breaking a sweat. She annoys me. And yesterday i went to use a shower, and a towel was left there. So i asked another girl if it was hers, she said no, so i went and put it on a seat in case someone forgot it. Ms Blonde comes storming out of a cubicle, gives me a dirty look, snatches the towel and goes and uses it to mark her territory again. Sheesh - get over it.

3 comments:

M-H said...

Gym behaviour can be sooo weird! That's why I never go there. :)

Bex said...

I've been watching the Biggest Loser too much i think. Plus i have put on about 10 kgs in the last year :(

Kristine said...

Congrats on the gym! And WORD on having a gym nemesis. So annoying. Remind me to tell you about flouncy-girl-with-long-red-hair sometime. Grrrr.