Monday, March 19, 2007

One pair of socks down, 4,167 more to go...

Not really, but it kinda feels like it.
I've finally finished the Boi's anniversary socks - pictures to come soon (I just bought a new camera! yay!). Boi - "Wow. Those are so detailed. Look at all the tiny cables - on a pair of socks!? It makes them special that you spent so much time putting the detail into them". I did a slip stitch heel as well cos i know he likes the feel. So time to start some socks for my friend's 30th birthday in May.

I'm using the Monkey pattern from Knitty, and Lornas Laces Shephard Sock in Mt Creek. I got the yarn from a seller in the US - $56 for 4 skeins and postage is a good price.... dont tell the Boi!!

But really, its been sitting in my stash waiting for a decent project. I dont think i'll be buying Lornas for a while yet, i just cant afford it. Its such a shame because she bought out some really yummo colours like Envy - greens, and Red Rover which is all different reds. When am i ever gonna make me some socks???

I've also decided to make a pair of socks for my sister in Darwin (i know i know - waaay to hot!) - i bought some cashmerino sock yarn in Waterlily (beautiful pale blues). Unsure of what pattern to use though.
My mums 39th is this year, so I got some 2ply silk merino in purples as well to make Branching Out from Knitty. That pattern will kill me. Seriously. I have tried 4 times, and get about 15cm along before stuffing up.... sigh... Lara was right, it isnt an easy pattern at all...

Excersize Blog - Second week, day 2, of getting up at an ungodly hour and going to the gym. Its getting harder and harder in the mornings to get up - i was having a dream that my alarm went off so i turned it off and went back to sleep. Then my alarm *did* go off.
I'm not sure if the excersize is helping as i've been on a total binge this week - anything chocolate.
Watching Mel on the Biggest Loser made me realise that we are around the same weight (well, we were when she was evicted - shes like a size 12 now!). So i guess thats my inspiration.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Awww, that's very sweet of Fin! It's so much nicer when gift recipients really appreciate how much work you put into them. :)

Lara said...

Rock on! I am totally impressed with your gym action. It shits me that anyone who carries a little extra fluffiness feels pressure to fit the norm, but we could all be healthier. Well, I could, at least ;)

Brooklynne Michelle said...

Question???? Why did you buy four skeins???? I have big feet US womens 13 (43 I think in euro sizes) and they are wide, and it only takes me two skeins to make a pair of socks...... And also you paid prolly about 16 dollars more than you should have!!!!!! If you want I future I can buy LL for you and send it to you!!!

Bex said...

Hey Brook - i didnt buy 4 skeins of the same colour heheh! I bought 2 x Mt Creek and 2 x Black Purl. :)and..hmmm... might take you up on that offer!