Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Books!

Kinokuniya has Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel, and Twinkle's Big City Knits in stock, so its time for a mini review...

Twinkle's Big City Knits.
Well, this book is laid out lovely, much like a fashion magazine. Really nice eye candy. Only thing is you'd have to lay off the candy for a while to fit anything in the book - a size Large is a 33inch bust. 90% of the knits use super-chunky yarn and cables (which look lovely), but again, not so good for anyone over a size 10. Dont think i'll be getting this one. 4/10.

Fitted Knits
Hold onto yer hats - this is a keeper! Ok, i'm biased towards fitted knits that are knit from the top down, i admit it. But this book has some really really nice cardigans and vests, with delicately placed cables and lace. I'm not sure why Stephanie insists on putting purl ridges on everything, but its simple enough to leave them off.
I like most of her designs in this book, but some of them i thought needed to be a smidge longer in the torso (we cant all pull off the mid-riff number hehe). I am totally buying this book when I get paid - $24 from The Book Depository... 8/10.

1 comment:

missfee said...

Fitted knits sounds great - I want one too
I am away next week so should I leave the needles with someone for you tonight? Or are you coming to Ruby and Lana on saturday?