Wednesday, May 16, 2007

More pics!

Well, i managed to take a slighter better photo of my outfit!

















DETAILS:
I made a puff skirt, using pattern 4015 from Simplicity. I also added a lining layer (petticoat netting cuts up your stockings) and need to go back and edge the tulle with binding as well. The top petticoat layer has the white lace trim. I did sew white ribbon around the edge of the skirt (about 1 inch from edge).

The top was a black shirt i already owned. I cut the sleeves down, and added white sleeve 'caps' with black ribbon detail. I marked how low i wanted the front to sit, cut off the shirt collar and drafted a sailor one to fit instead. I added black ribbon trim and black/white nautical stars on the back in the corners (need photo).

The cincher was my own - and thats not as tight laced as i wore it out BTW. Too much fun!
.........................................................................................................................

My parcel still hasnt arrived in the UK yet - sent on 27th April. Sigh. I wonder whats up.... I bought my Secret Pal some vanilla lip balm from The Wool Shack, and it came today - along with sock yarn goodness! I got 2 skeins of Jawoll sock in purple/black/white, 2 in black/grey/white and some Opal Cotton sock in pink/blue/green/white. Oh - did i mention I got that because the editortrix of Creative Knitting asked me to knit something? Spring socks it is....

I got 2 weeks to design something - should be no worries.


Look what I got from St Vinnies yesterday (was treating the Boi to a massage and manicure out in Rozelle)







Squee! Isnt it bizarre? Its a vintage laundry hamper thingey, hand embroidered. Dont know what possessed me to get it - i might gift it away. I just couldnt bear to leave it there.

3 comments:

Jenger said...

The dress is to freak'n rock'n. It is like a knotty Shirly Temply dress. What fun that will be.

Bex said...

Thanks!

TiNK said...

Bex - Love ur sailor dress!