I've spent waaaay too much on yarn in the past week. I'm supposed to be saving for India, but I'm addicted... Here is the 20 Questions from AA, for the Yarn Addict.
1. Do you lose time from work due to SEX? yes.
2. Is SEX making your home life unhappy? yes. (The Boi keeps telling me off!)
3. Do you shop because you are shy with other people? no.
4. Is your stash affecting your reputation? yes. People think i'm weird.
5. Have you ever felt remorse after a SEX? yes
6. Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of SEX? yes
7. Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when shopping? One word. Spotlight.
8. Does your shopping make you careless of your family's welfare? no.
9. Has your ambition decreased since shopping? yes.
10. Do you crave yarn at a definite time of day? yes.
11. Do you want yarn the next morning? yes.
12. Does thinking about WIPs cause you to have difficulty in sleeping? Last night, so yes.
13. Has your efficiency decreased since knitting? not sure
14. Is SEX jeopardizing your job or business? not sure
15. Do you shop for yarn to escape from worries or trouble? yes.
16. Do you shop alone? yes.
17. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of SEX? I forget stuff, like "I'm on a budget".
18. Has your physician ever treated you for a SEX-related injury? no.
19. Do you SEX to increase your stash, to up your self-confidence? not sure.
20. Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of yarn shopping? no.
If you have answered YES to any one of the questions, there is a definite warning that you may be an Yarn Addict.
If you have answered YES to any two, the chances are that you are an Yarn Addict.
If you have answered YES to three or more, you are definitely an Yarn Addit.
I scored 13/20. Not sure if I should be proud or sad....
So what did I buy?
20 balls of Laines Du Nord Medea in Black - 10 ply, 40% alpaca, 40% merino, 20% acrylic
1 skein each of Grignasco Bambi in pale teal and camel to make Eunny's Endpaper Mitts
1 skein of Patonyle in black to make the Motorcycle Chica gloves in the latest Interweave
10 balls of Merino Supreme in Black (what CANT i use it for! my fav yarn) - currently working on Dashing from Knitty
2 balls of Cleckheaton Tapestry in blue/grey/beige mix - that is for a birthday present though.
1 ball of Filatura Di Crosa Zara in dull burnt orange - another pair of Fetching for an Ashram person.
I've spent over $150! Not including the DPNs I bought either. I'm off to Melbourne next week, and must resist the lure of Marta's....