Monday, June 25, 2007

Dont judge me!

This rag mat is for my flatmate - its not mine!!!
This is a Mason-Dixon inspired number for my flatmate, who's entire house is just that little bit country....
And yes, I did indeed forget to trim some of the stringey bits, but she wanted to use it so bad i left them.

Its made by cutting up strips of fabric (this case, navy broadcloth, calico and a vintage sheet) into 2cm strips, tieing them together and knitting with it.

I cast on about 75 sts using a 10mm needle, and knit garter the entire way. Just tie in the new colour when you want it and dont weave in the ends.....
Its very sproingy and absorbent!!

Last night I cut out the pattern for this, the one on the left.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I was thinking black satin detail, with the body in black w/pink dots fabric, would look good. So i'm about to lay out the pieces and I notice the front is cut on the bias - d'oh!! Not good for evenly spaced polka dots.
Might have to go get some plain black and have a go with that.
.
Just means I now have an excuse to start on the skull-dress yay!
.
BTW - Off to the Craft Show on Weds with Disco-Knitter (Lara) any other takers???
.
**************************************************************************
.
Also - the new Knitscene preview is up with yarn requirements... another issue I must have!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the dress pattern! I bet that's going to be so nice. Glad to see that you were inspired by the Mason-Dixon book! I put your last package in the mail today. They said 4-10 days to get to you!
-SK

Bex said...

Thanks Sneaky_Kitty!!!!
I cant wait to see it and find out who you really are!!

Cecilia said...

Wish I could go to the craft show. Alas, I have to work...

missfee said...

love the new knit scene - where do you get the it from - if you get one please get me one too. And yes it is socks at the moment.

Bex said...

shall email you Miss Fee...

Kristine said...

I'll be at work, so I'm doing the show on Saturday. But if you see any nice, non-striping sock yarn (I'm all about the solid colours now, baby!), pick me up a ball and I'll reimburse you. I'm just worried the old ladies will have picked everything over by the time I get there.