Thursday, June 28, 2007

Motorcycle Chica Gloves

Did you know I have my full motorcycle licence? I cant actually ride a motorbike (but I can ride a moped/scooter). It was due to a stuff-up at the RTA that I got it. Its a long story, for another time.

Its freakin cold in Sydney at the moment - The gloves, they do nothing!!!! (10 points if you can guess where that quote came from). So its time to put down my WIPs and cast on for the Motorcycle Chica Gloves from Interweave.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I'm using Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in black (after many false starts) and 3.25mm needles (stoopid gauge). So far, so good.

My sister's Isabella top is coming along nicely - i'm about 1/3 finished the front, and the back is done as well. I may even finish it in time for her birthday on the 13th....
Working with 4ply on 3mm needles has made me a bit masochistic - i'm now contemplating a cardigan, knit out of Grignasco Bambi - somebody kill me! But it would have skulls. Many skulls....

4 comments:

Kristine said...

"Ze goggles, zey do nussing!" We quote that one all the time in our house. :)

M-H said...

Bambi Merino... I made a vest in it. Fair isle. It's lovely: light and soft and yummy. But a whole cardi. Stop yourself, now!

Michelle said...

I really must get back to my gloves in progress. All I have right now is one 'unrequited glove'.

Oh, and the quote is from the Simpsons, of course.

Bex said...

10 points to Michelle and Kris!

And yes, I am feeling masochistic, so i do want to make the 4ply cardi, but the way my finances are I wont be able to make it this year!