Sunday, July 22, 2007

Knitting Needle Bangles!

This one time, at Knitting Guild, I saw a chick with one of these bracelets...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I wanted one soooo bad, but she got it from her sister in Brisbane.
But now - heres instructions!!!!! Must. Resist. Making. Them. Now. (I mean at work. I can get boiling water, and I have some needles with me - hehehe).
.
*******UPDATE***** instructions have been removed because an 'artiste' in the US makes them, and threatened the Tutorial Author. Anyone want a quick run-down on how to make them go here http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Toothbrush-Bracelet - its pretty much the same thing.******
.
BTW I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan. Well, I liked the movies, and havent read the books. I dont quite get the craziness.
So I borrowed my flatemate's copy of the Deathly Hallows and flicked to the last chapter.
Interesting.
.
LOL!
.
Dont forget the ABC Knit-In this friday morning - an early early 6am.... I will be going yay!

8 comments:

Erin said...

I must own one of those bracelets...

I have no plastic needles. Must go shopping, methinks.

Caro said...

Hmm! Because I always enjoy your blog and I learn lots of interesting snippets I'm going to ignore the fact that you don't love HP :) and thank you for giving me the bangle know how . . . Yaaayy!!

fee said...

I want i want too - what a great thing to do to plastic needles shame I don't own any.......
book you in for Friday?

Erin said...

Note to all: 9mm needles are NOT easy to do this with.

I gave my mother the quest to get me some plastic needles while she was out, and she got me 9mm ones. I could get them to bend into an almost-circle after an hour and 5 litres of boiling water, but they're too big for bangles and won't really bend any further.

Bex said...

I'm pretty sure it wont work with newish needles - the ones she used are old, from the Op-Shop ;)

I have heaps! But they are all pairs - gonna hit the ops this weekend and get some random singles...

Book me in scottie!

Erin said...

It worked with the new ones...sort of.

Older and thinner ones would be easier, though. May have to hit Vinnies and the Salvos when next I go out.

M-H said...

The link to the instructions is broken because it has been removed. Apparently their is someone who makes these for a living - details at http://whipup.net/2007/07/21/whiplash-entries-july/ - scroll down to below the picture of the pram.

Lauren said...

These are just BEAUTIFUL! I want them. Must have them!