Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lots of randomness

First up: Vogue Knitting has 10 free patterns on its website at the moment - click here. I'm warning you - they are a bit Supre-eque.... blargh. Sorry to any one who loves them! hehehe...

2nd: Knit-In rocks. I've never been before but it was fun! Web-Goddess has the best round up, and we got on TV!! hehe... Next year = bring booze!














(From the left, me, Lara, Miss Fee, Kris)
Mental note for next year - maybe bright red hair isnt the way to go - it attracted ALOT of attention. But I was easy to see in the crowd hehehe...

3rd: I finished the Tear Drop Scarf from the latest KnitScene.
YAY!



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I used The Knittery's Silk Merino 2ply, in Amethyst.
Some stuff to be aware of if you're making this baby - when it says cast off loosly, do so! I mean so loose, looser than you ever have before. I was making 1/2 inch loops and casting those off, i think i still could have gone looser.
There are also pattern errors on the rows that consist of eyelets. It basically tells you to make eyelets to the end of the row = wrong. You need to stop when you get to the YOs of the prev row, and then knit to end. Otherwise it looks weird (trust me). I email Interweave 2 weeks ago but no reply yet.



5 comments:

missfee said...

barf - I am with you on the vogue knitting stuff - truly ruly horrid
love the scarf
I thought the red hair was a good thing - you made the news!!!!!

Kerry said...

Scarf looks great, I'd love to see it. Can you bring it to SSK if you are coming on Sat?

Bex said...

OK Kerry!
I'll have to express post it on Monday then... ;)

Lauren said...

looks nice but i hate to go into a pattern knowing there were errors. Did interweave ever email you back?

Bex said...

Hey Lauren - they never did get back to me but the errors are blindingly obvious... It really was an easy knit.