Sunday, July 08, 2007

Yarn Pr0n!!!!! And other madness....

I got this on Friday....












It contained all this lovelyness! Thank-you secret pal!











Package contained 40 packets of Kool-Aid for dyeing! 2 skeins of Malabrigo! Minty-chocolate goodness!!! (I have gorged myself on Junior Mints, and am now paying for it). A POUND cone of Peaches and Creme (which dyes up beautifully I've just found), and 2 balls of Sugar n Cream!

THANK YOU ALISON!
Here's a closeup of the Malabrigo - now to find a pattern worthy of it!













What of my weekend - it was fabulous! Full of yarn, and knitting with friends. Friday night I went out to dinner with The Boi, my favourite uncle and my cousin - Tamana's Indian food - yummo! Took them to the Glebe Markets the next day, and got The Giant Yarn Cone From Hell. Well, it would be but its rainbow coloured. Will post a photo soon!
.
Went to SSK later on and had a lovely time. Thanks to Kerry, who increased my yarn stash by 2 skeins of hand-dyed, hand-spun, peruvian laceweight, and one skein of worsted.


















.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
..
And ended the weekend on a great note - Courthouse SnB with my lovely fellow knitters. Even wangled the recently converted Benji to come as well (he's knitting a Slytherin Scarf). Then off to The Boi's place for roast.
Except this morning I have woken up with a cold!!! :(

2 comments:

The Other Andrew said...

Bummer on the cold! It was a fun SSK and pub knitting weekend wasn't it?! That Kerry is a sweetie, he also gave me two big bags of 8ply to knit squares for Wrap With Love.

Bex said...

aww he IS a sweetie!