Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A new start for the year...

Hmmm, first resolution - stop eating crap and excercise more.... Same as the previous years resolution...

And I have to add - CHO! The tickets for a group of us to see Margaret Cho during Mardi Gras have arrived, I'm so looking forward to going!

Xmas involved my beloved Boi driving us down to Geelong to see my family - he is such a hero. I knitted most of the way down there to kill time, and managed to finish a pair of socks for hym (fair reward I think). The Boi also really really suprised me by getting me CDs - its a suprise because he never buys me music, he hates what I like. This year he got me The Birthday Party and The Donnas and it was totally unexpected.
I got hym an NRMA membership. LOL.

Xmas with my family is never without some form of drama, but we survived ok.

New Years was nice and quiet, hanging out with The Boi and Flatmates. We ate waaaaay too much cheese, drank cheap and nasty wine (Verdi and Passion Pop) and watched the fireworks at dog-poo park in Newtown. Ahhh the simple things in life.

My good news is that a real estate called me and offered me a place in Summer Hill. 2 bedrooms, lock up garage and a balcony. Its a pretty ugly building and souless inside, but its only 400m from where The Boi lives so I said ok.

I'm on a dishcloth kick at the moment, buying that el-cheapo 4ply cotton from Spotlight and knitting it up like crazy (moss stitch rocks) - my sister has just bought a house so I made a wash cloth and hand towel for her kitchen in hideous 70s colours :D. And the purple socks for The Boi.


4 comments:

Justine said...

Perfect! Our house was built in 1984, and I don't think anything has changed - especially the kitchen and its colours...

missfee said...

yay for the flat - are you coming to knitting tomorrow - is it on?

Charlie Chuckles said...

Happy New Year!

Your new year resolutions sound similar to mine!

Good news on the flat - something good to kick off 2008!

Lara said...

Congratulations on the house!

But remember - Passion Pop is NOT FOR DRINKING! It is for laying down and avoiding...