Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Time to VOTE please!

My sister's wedding is in August, and she would like a lace stole/wrap. Not a granny's wrap, no frou frou; one for a fairly funky and peirced 25 year old. I have about 1035 yrd/932 mtrs of laceweight, in a yellow/pale orange/ grey silk merino.

I am leaning towards something not too fiddly as well, the first choice really speaks to me, but is it too plain? I'm not sure if i'll have enough yarn for some, and would have to make them shorter (which is fine, my sister just wants her shoulders covered).

So far the choices are:

1. Diagonale Shawl by Arlene's World of Lace (Free)

















2. HoneyBee Stole by Anne Hanson ($8)
















3. Lattice Lace Wrap by Lou Schiela (Free)






.
.
..

.
.
.
.
.
.
4. Hanging Garden Stole by Sivia Harding ($7.50)








.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
5. Print O' The Wave Stole buy Eunny Jang (Free)









Other suggestions are welcome too....


6 comments:

Skud said...

Diagonale!

I've been watching these come in through your Rav queue and loving most of them, but I think I like Diagonale best. Partly because it's not Clapotis but it has a bit of that style to it, I think.

Bex said...

Hehe thanks Skud - my sister emailed and said that or the Sivia Harding one were her favourites... Still like to think what everyone else says...

Charisse said...

they're all really nice but i ended up voting for the hanging garden stole :)

Candice said...

i like the honey bee number two, but i also like the first one. what about the color of the first to the honey bee. or black. i like black.k

Emily said...

I voted PoTW, but like the diagonale or the lattice one too. suspect Honeybee would be yarn hungry - but if you want to do that pattern, ask me more about it!

knitabulous said...

Might I suggest Sarcelle by Cookie A (actually it is the other blogger from knitter's anonymous but who remembers her name?)

Easy, diagonal, and has a similar stitch pattern to the honeybee stole.

And it won't take a lifetime like those lace stoles either ..

Otherwise I'd be going the diagonale or the honeybee.