Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Indeed!




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
WYD Protest...
The cutest thing was talking to my nan on Monday, and she asked what I got up to on the weekend.
Me: "Oh, i went to the WYD protest..."
Nan: "The protest? What for?"
Me: "The Roman Catholic church's stance on gays, women's reproductive rights, condoms..."
Nan: "GOOD ON YOU!"
.
I keep having this image of my nan being a conservative tech-phobic woman, even when i know its not true.
.
She's done a lot with her life (she dated a motorcycle riding Mod when she was younger), and i'm amazed that she's so fiesty. She's even looking at taking computing courses.
Go nan. I hope i'm as active and as cool as you are when i'm your age.

1 comment:

ecumaniac said...

So I didn't get to go to Pellfire, I was too tired after rehearsing for SIX HOURS in the cold at Randwick.

I had an little verbal altercation with one of the choristers when she made some ignorant, homophobic, fundie comments about condoms et al.

I admit, maybe I was a *little* provocative when I suggested that gay sex would be fun to watch. "Two hot guys, getting it on, doesn't do it for you?" I say. She screws up her face in hatred and disgust.

"Oh ok," I reply. "Fair enough then."