Sunday, January 18, 2009

FO: Crochet Pram Blanket

I can haz crochet now?

Crochet has finally clicked - I cant believe I found it so hard before.

The pattern is Afghan Crib Blanket from Instant Expert Crochet - a really good book to learn from. I used Bendigo Cotton 8ply in parchment, cappacino and new teal - less than one ball of each for a pram sized blanket.

The Good: the blanket has a really nice weight and drape, plus the cotton was cheap. The crochet pattern was really easy too.

The Bad: those little ends wont stay woven in! I also worry about the new mum washing it....

The Mods: american and british terms for DC and SC confuse me. The hexagon instructions said to make a TC, but I did DC instead and it looks like the picture. I just kind of winged it and hoped for the best.



2 comments:

Lara said...

Fabulous!

Don't worry too much about the ends, they may come out a bit with washing, but it won't unravel like knitting will.

allicat236 said...

Could you try some no fray spray on the ends? Would that keep it from coming out?