Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Snapped, sapped and femmed out ;)

I snapped 3 DPNs that I was using to finish the cat mittens. I need to trek into the city and buy more - possibly on Sunday.

So the mittens are on hold for the moment - but look fabulous. I also scored some plain Patonyle which I dyed red with food dye to make black and red striped socks for a friend - hope they like them.

Went to the Femme Guild meeting last night which was really interesting. Its great to be involved in a group of empowered, political women and I can't wait for the next meeting. (we're organising a party at the Red Rattler in Marrickville). I so wish Emily was here for this - you'd love it hon! As the resident sewer-craft person i'm going to be pretty busy soon making stuff - yay! *note to self - check overlocker still works*.
Not to mention TuTu SnB on Mondays as well - making anigurumis next week...

3 comments:

Charisse said...

I went to a gig at the Red Rattler last weekend - it's a cool venue

Emily said...

Oh, me too, Bex! I wish I could come!

Sounds great.

M-H said...

Bit different from the knitting guild, huh? :)