Sunday, August 09, 2009

Cat Mittens by Jorid Linvik







These mittens were a drama for me - I had to frog and re-knit one of them due to gauge issues, and also snapped 3 of the DPNs, so in total took me about 3 months to finish.

Details:
Yarn - I used black Patonyle and over-dyed Merino Bambino (blue/yellow food colour).
Needles - 3mm DPNs

The Pattern:

No gauge is listed and that makes it a big PITA - took me three tries to get a nice fit, and even then they are a bit small (thank god Tania has small hands). If I was going to make again I would probably use 5ply and 3.5mm needles.

The instructions are a little vague, but I think thats because the english is a second language for the author.

The fairisle is really clever, and a lot of people have commented on the mittens as i've been knitting them (and already I have requests for more - will have to think about that).

I'm really happy now they are done and dusted, and glad the recipient likes them!

Gratuitous kitty photo!


1 comment:

Cecilia said...

Great to see the mittens finished! They look fantastic.