Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy New Years everyone!

Well, I survived Tropical Fruits! It was a 12 hour drive to get there but we had so much fun. Being trapped in a car with someone for that long really is make or break in regards to friendships, and i'm happy to say Kylie and I are still besties (even though we did want to smack each other around at some point).





Lismore and surrounds were so green and lush - it did rain a little bit, but thats what tents and boots are for, right? I even managed to knit half a sock while I was there, and teach Kylie to knit.

The party itself was amazing - I see why people say its worth it just to see the fireworks = best I have EVER seen. The place was full of queers, wanting to have a good time and the friendly vibe was contagious. Kylie and I made some great friends (bears from Melbourne, Roller Derby girls from the gold coast) and got to have a really chilled out time.

So, on with the photos!












Party night - Kylie and me!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I have a list of New Year's Resolutions - they include getting more ink, spending more time with quality people, returning to knitting, finishing the renos with Fin*, and looking at dating again (eep).
*Fin and I are still living together (as friends), and probably will for a while yet.

3 comments:

missfee said...

yay - looks like a lot of fun to be had - and what a great spot. Love the outfit at the bottom - the corset rocks

Lara said...

Happy New Year!

Looks like you had a great time :)

Candi said...

i know what you mean by traveling with a friend... from montreal to costa rica with a close friend... you know you can do anything together after that! lol