Tuesday, August 17, 2010

FO: Latex skirt of Doom

I've always wanted to work with latex and leather - learning new skills, not to mention being able to make my own fetish outfits for a lot less. Uber ran a Working with Latex course a few weeks back which I highly recommend.

I thought maybe we'd make a wrist cuff. Or something basic.

We got to make clothing! Hurrah! Well, actually we got to make either a really short mini skirt or a tank top.
I asked the teacher very nicely if I could please alter that skirt pattern.... to a below knee fitted wiggle skirt! Much more my style:


It looks a bit wonky on one side, but thats because i'm standing funny.

I really like working with latex. Everything is glued instead of sewn, you get to sniff chemicals and use a rotary cutter (ooh! danger!) - exciting!
If only latex sheets weren't so expensive (you can only get it from the UK and it costs a bomb to post out) i'd be experimenting more right now.

Next up - leather. I just got my hands on a leather industrial sewing machine and some leather - I just need to be able to fit it in my sewing room...

3 comments:

ColorSlut said...

WOW WOW. Impressed out here. Where do you buy latex to work with?

Bex said...

There are a couple of places - Supatex (http://www.supatex.com/) and Radical Rubber (http://www.radicalrubber.co.uk/) - to get them to send to Australia you have to buy about a minimum of $200 worth :(.
You can get it on ebay.co.uk too ;).

And thanks!
x

Lara said...

ooo, spunky!

I used to have some gorgeous latex hotpants in my younger years.

Ah, memories :)