Monday, November 08, 2010

Hats Hats Hats!

I've just gone a little bit crazy on Etsy, buying hats...

But look! Isnt she fabulous?





Pure fifties fun. Since the Cowboi and I are going to spend Xmas at the beach this year, I needed a sun hat. I needed one, ok? I'm imagining her with sundresses, or shorts and espadrilles. (embroidery inside that hat! love!).

And these... well... two hats for $30 including postage? How could I say no... The turquoise one needs a new net, but I think it'll look great with my pink hair.

 


Its pretty tricky finding hats that I can wear due to my hair being so short, I tend to stick with the cute school-girl or teen style that just sit on, or fitted skull cap types. I don't have enough hair to clip to, so those ones with the 'wings' that come down the side of your head are great.
And pill-box just look ridiculous, like I have a cushion on my head!

I'm yet to have an issue buying hats off Etsy, and recommend them as a great place to start if you don't have a lot of money.

If you have money to burn on wearable vintage masterpieces, check out Circa Vintage... Her beautiful hats are at the big vintage fairs, but be prepared to spend a bit.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ooh, I love that coolie hat!It looks very like a 30's one a friend has. Stunning!