Thursday, November 18, 2010

A question - what kind of vintage pattern do YOU want here?

What kind of knitting pattern would you like me to post?

A jumper/sweater with crazily-high puffed sleeves from the 40's?
An elegant knitted dress from the 50s?
More coloured plates?
More mens?
More childrens? (I've never posted kids stuff. I like kids, can't eat a whole one though)

Tell me, and i'll pick a suggestion at random, search through my massive, dangerously stacked collection* and post it to my blog for you.

*I keep saying that one day my combined fabric, wool and pattern stash will fall on me, crushing me to deal beneath its weight. My body will be found 5 days later, after my cat has eaten my face off. Not from hunger, but from spite.

And here's todays second pattern - a really awesome lime-green and brown jumper from the cover of Woolworths Economy Knit Book, No. 29.


Look at her culottes! The shoulder pads! The atomic colour choice! I recommend looking at the picture in the large view and reading whats written on the front cover by the original owner...

5 comments:

Emma said...

Just a quick note to let you know that I love your blog so I have given you an award. You can pick it up here:
http://emmaaime.blogspot.com/2010/11/award.html

Thanks
Emma @ Emma aime

Emma said...

Just a quick note to let you know that I love your blog so I have given you an award. You can pick it up here:
http://emmaaime.blogspot.com/2010/11/award.html

Thanks
Emma @ Emma aime

Emily said...

It'd be cool to see the knitted dress...

And great to see you back here, too.

Sue Key said...

Hi, have just found this site whilst looking for patterns for 194o's jumpers.....i love the subversive femme but how can I enlarge pattern? Perhaps its because I am usi g an ipad?

Kind regards and tx for the incredible patterns

Regards. Sue

Bex said...

Hi Sue!
If you select the image, hold it down for a couple of secs. A popup box will open, select 'open in a new tab'. You should get a large image - let me know f you need a hand xx