Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Holidays

I'm off shortly down south with Cowboi, and can't wait to be sitting on the beach somewhere (in the shade of course) drinking mexican beer with lemon. Bliss.

This Xmas was full of crafty goodness, with my sister asking for a knitted mouse for my baby niece. Well, a mouse needs a tree-house too! It looks much cuter in real life ;).
The pattern for the mouse is Holiday Mice by Fuzzymitten, and the tree-houses are the Fairy Hideaway from Karla Fitch. The mouse was super easy! The trees took a lot a re-working to get them to stand upright, but i'm pretty happy with them now.


And for Xmas-for-me sewing, I copied a pattern off some vintage aprons I own and whipped this up out of half a meter of snowflake print in an hour. Xmas Classy!
It has pin tucks across the top, and is edged with white cotton pre-gathered lace.


When I get back from holidays i'll try and load the pattern up so people can make it too if they want...

I hope everyone enjoys their time off and avoids the stress. Hugs!

4 comments:

Pixie Needle said...

OMG. I need a mouse and a tree house! That is amazing- awesome job!

Megan said...

omg, that mouse and tree house are so adorable! That's such a fantastic present!!

Kris said...

The mouse is so cute! I'll have to bookmark that one. Well done. :)

Justine said...

I made Beth's Xmas dress with the same fabric!
http://tiny.cc/3bcuh