Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Tailored Chic - Sun-Glo Knitting Book 59, circa WWII, now with plus sizes!

Since Emily suggested a knitted dress, here is a classy one from this cute little booklet (Sun Glo Series 59 - street dresses and suits). I love the Sun-Glo and Lux booklets, the designs always seemed a bit edgier than Patons.

The best thing about this booklet is the instructions tell you how to multi-size it from 32/34 inch bust, to 36inch, 38/40 inch and 42/44 inch. Plus sized! (or Matron sized, as they liked to call it). Imagine knitting a whole dress on 3.25mm needles - it would take me years! I love the staying power of the person who did actually knit this...

Please excuse the dodgy scanning, the scanner at my work was playing up.




3 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

I agree about Sun-Glo v. Patons! I only have 2 or 3 Sun-Glo books but they're my favourites.
-Andi x

Lisa said...

oh golly, I so want that dress. It would take me years too!

Emily said...

I love it! (But I'm never knitting it).