Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just a quick update...

I'm flying down to Geelong to see my Nan again today - she's had another stroke and they're not sure she'll recover this time.

- I've finished two - read it, TWO dirndl skirts.
One in the border print and another in black and red plaid taffetta. Super, amazingly, easy and i'll post the photos next week.

Hopefully I can make a blouse to match because I'd love to wear it next week to see Royal Crown Revue at the Sydney Festival (along with the super cute Bleyer Lindy Hoppers I got for Xmas).


- How fabulous is the Negroni shirt pattern from Colette? I love collecting (decent) vintage men's shirt patterns, and this modern repro is fabulous. Male Pattern Boldness is running a sew-along for February, and if you use code MPBNEGRONI at the checkout you'll get 20% off the pattern.
I've already ordered one for Cowboy.


Have a fabulous weekend all! Hope the Brisbanites are coping with the flooding, and the Americans don't get too snowed under...

5 comments:

Kris said...

SUPER CUTE SHOES. I covet them.

Next time you make one of those skirts, please consider posting a photo tutorial for us newbie sewers! :)

Cecilia said...

Sorry to hear about your Nan. Thinking of you both.

Andi B. Goode said...

How did I only just realise you're Australian, too? I know I looked at your profile when I found your blog but still missed it? Anyway, sorry to hear about your Nan. And also have fun at Royal Crown Revue. I missed their last tour and they're not coming to Adelaide, this time.
-Andi x

Andi B. Goode said...

PS Thanks for the comment on my blog. =]

Emily said...

Thinking about you and your Nan.

Cool shoes!