Sunday, January 09, 2011

Sewing Through the Decades Challenge

I've been hunting for a nice vintage themed sew-along, but it had to meet certain requirements (yes, i'm a fussbot).
Something without pressures or tight deadlines but still with an interesting concept.
Something that is self-driven and will force me to grade-up the vintage patterns I own.

Found it - My Happy Sewing Place + Rhinestones and Telephones are holding Sewing Through the Decades Challenge.



From the R&T:
JOIN US!


This isn't a traditional sew-along, rather a self-driven challenge. Deadlines are out the window on this one and taking pleasure in the creative process is high on the agenda. As Debi says in her post:

"The basic thought is to challenge yourself to explore different time periods (which can be three years in one decade—1943, 1944, 1945) or several patterns across several decades (50’s, 60’s, 70’s). You can sew blouses, skirts, dresses, trousers…whatever you want! It will be fun to share our experiences in sewing from different time periods. The patterns can span both vintage and modern years."

I'm in!
 
I'm going to solidly focus on the fifties (mid to late). Now to raid my sewing stash and figure out what I want to make!

Is anyone thinking of doing a sewing along this year?

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Amazing patterns. I might even be inspired :)

smartygirl said...

this sounds brilliant!