Monday, January 10, 2011

STtD - My vintage sewing challenge

Here's my late 1950's sewing challenge...

1. 50s pleated dirndl skirt with a border print - circa late 50s.



2. The perfect shirt dress, possibly Weigels 1791 (I have many to choose from in my stash)


3. Fancy day dress, the infamous Butterick 6815 from 1954



4. Casual day dress, Vintage Vogue 2961 (early 50s, oh well)



5. Fitted blouse, possibly with monogram, and probably with some neckline detail like a peter-pan collar


6. Wiggle dress - undecided, but I have a LOT to choose from in my pattern boxes

7. Playsuit or romper (I think these are early 50s also)



Wish me luck - i'm starting the dirndl skirt tonite!

2 comments:

khriste B said...

Good Luck. That is some hard decisions to make. I love them all.

lakaribane said...

I vote for 2, so cute!

(5 is nice too, btw!)