Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Sailor Playsuit

Phew - what a crazy Mardi Gras! I have photos, i'll blog them in my next post - but for now, here is the sailor playsuit I made for the Love Boat party.




I love this playsuit so much! I used the highwaisted pants pattern from Butterick (5250) but moved the zipper to the back. I made them just below the knee too.

For the top I used old trusty - the same pattern I used for my black version and white version - but self drafted a sailor collar to fit.

**Old trusty is really just the princess seamed New Look 6567, which I fiddled with 3 times to get it to fit the way I wanted.**

The whole outit is made from navy stretch cotton sateen, with a white trim around the collar. The stars are just silver iron on motifs.
I'd still like to add some cuffs to the sleeves but I ran out of time - hopefully I can be bothered soon as I'd love to wear this to AutumnFest in Taree in a couple of weeks.

17 comments:

Sewing Pixie said...

This is gorgeous! I've always loved old school sailor outfits.

khriste B said...

Ships Ahoy, you look fabulous.

JB said...

This is so CUTE! The fit is great too!

quietandsmalladventures said...

oh that's fabulous!!

Cinquefoil said...

Found my way to your blog via Sew Retro... I loooove the suit! And your haircolor! And the shoes! Looovely. :)

elise said...

Wow ! You look so beautiful in that sailor suit, a perfect hour glass.
Adorable, you wear it well.
Glamorous !

Elise
xo

Lisette said...

Awesome! I still have yet to make a sailor suit of any kind. I love your hair color, too!

Andrea said...

WOW! I can't tell you how much I love this outfit! Stunning!!!!

Moxie Tonic said...

Everything came together perfectly! Love it!!

Isis said...

That's a very cte outfit!

Hell's Belle said...

It's SO adorable. I love seeing a sailor pants outfit. I'm tired of all the wiggel dresses. This is something I could actually wear!

dotted lines said...

I love it! The idea is so cute, and the fit is awesome. :)

Polly said...

I love it! Super cute outfit

Leslie said...

Super cute, and totally rockin' your curves!

Tilly said...

Sooooo awesome.

seeks said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I want one now!

I think I may need to locate that pant's pattern just for the top portion; I am looking to make a pencil skirt bottom to a nautical themed dress, and this would work really well, I think. :)

Kitty Von Purr said...

Arggggg shiver me timbers,
you are a doll !