Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Turn over every leaf

Cos there might be gold underneath!

Cowboy and I hit a few Vinnies op-shops yesterday (open on a Public Holiday, I love you St Vincent De Paul), we didnt have much luck until the gold mine of Bankstown - just around the corner from my house incidentally.

I glanced high up on a shelf and saw this 60s pink piece of plastic and knew we struck gold.






















Vintage portable hair styling goodness. For $5. Did I mention that its pink?


I hope everyone had some nice days off, and ate a lot of chocolate (i'm insanely jealous of anyone at Viva Las Vegas right now).
I'm back at work today, and hopefully will get some time to myself this week to go through a massive alterations pile next to my sewing machine. This is why I rarely sew for friends - it takes me ages to get around to it! I have promised myself no more personal sewing until its done in an attempt to get it finished...

5 comments:

Misfits Vintage said...

Rock on = it's awesome. Does it work? I recently tested my 1940s steel table fan and not only does it work, it's excellent for chopping carrots.

Sarah xxx

Bex said...

Wow, I would love to get my hands on a vintage fan! (and yes, it works beautifully)

Miss RM said...

I'm jealous!! I once saw an avocado green one for five dollars. At the time I didn't have ANY room for it, though. I still regret not buying it! It was beautiful!

Vintage Grrl said...

I have been on the search for one of those for EVER!!! (If you see another one.. ;))

TheOtherSarah said...

my local Vinnies had TWO of these in the window the other day! Gone by the time I came back of course, and Wellington is probably a bit far to come even for a pink vintage hairdryer.

Love your blog, Sarah.