Monday, June 27, 2011

Viva Las Vegas, here we come!

Its official - we're heading to Viva Las Vegas 15 next year!























I've wanted to go to Viva since I was 19 (wow, ten years ago), and four of us will be heading over next year!

We've just booked our rooms at The Orleans, and apparently its near capacity for that weekend already.

Now to plan out the rest of the journey - we'll be in the US for 4 weeks in total. I really want to see the Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon and of course the Neon Museum in Vegas.
We're still looking for must-see stuff in the US - any suggestions?
We're hoping to do San Francisco, Las Vegas, New York and Chicago.

Any suggestions for amazing vintage shopping would be much appreciated as well!

...and I know I keep saying I want to make a playsuit - but check this pattern out! Its a top, its a skirt - its a romper! I just got it in the mail today, and its plus-sized. I think i'm going to give it a go for VLV, but wait and see...

4 comments:

Cheri Pinktrix said...

Hey, can I use a photo of yourself and link to your blog on an upcoming post about vintage loving queers/lesbians?

If so, let me know! And also, if there's a particular photo of yourself you'd like used :)

Bex said...

of course!!!
I'd love to read your post about it, and follow other like-minded queer blogs ;)

(umm, use whatever photo you like I guess ;D)
xxx

Moxie Tonic said...

How exciting!!!
Are you planning on flying from city to city or driving?
A few things just off the top of my head, if you like museums :)
My absolute favorite art museum in NYC is the Frick collection. It was originally a private home (mansion) built in 1913 for steel magnate Henry Clay Frick. The majority of the art collection are old masters, lots of French Rococo, but the real reason to go is the building and gardens. It's on 5th Ave. right next to Central Park, and absolutely the most tranquil and wonderful break from the hustle and bustle of the city. I could happily sit in the atrium all day.
Another little known art museum is the Neue Galerie which houses Austrian and German art from 1890 - 1940. Lots of Gustav Klimt! And conveniently also on 5th Ave. by the park.
The FIT Museum often has interesting exhibitions, if you like fashion history and old clothes ;) I saw their Gothic: Dark Glamour exhibition a few years ago, and it was just amazing!
Absolutely get in touch with Tasha of By Gum By Golly for Chicago must see's and vintage shopping. Even though I'm only four hours drive from there, I know when to leave something to the experts!
As for San Francisco, Golden Gate Park and specifically the Palace of Fine Arts. I could nerd out about the architect, but will leave it at a nice way to spend a quiet morning or afternoon walk.
And Las Vegas, I think you have that covered!

Bex said...

Thanks Moxie!!!! Brilliant!