Monday, August 22, 2011

Fifties Fair Day 2011 photos

It was overcast, but no rain thank goodness.






















I spent way under my budget this year, but still came away with some good finds. The eye candy is worth the $25 entry fee alone.
Jakk was happy to find heaps of men's clothes
























Amazing chairs and lamps

















I wanted this grease-keeper, but $45 was too much.


















Dress from Etsy,  Hat from Etsy, shoes from Payless,
petticoat from Ebay, necklace my Nan's 
























Brooch from last year's fair



I finally had my chance to wear the 1950s Koldin taffetta dress I had been saving. Pink piped besom pockets, self belt and piped neckline - so fun to wear! The skirt's swirl is amazing.

I said I spent under my budget, but this is 2011's haul: 1958 Beyer Mode (german pattern magazine, like Burda), two pairs of clip on earrings, a repro-vintage hankie, two sets of vintage buttons and this ultra-kitsch lamp base. I need to find the perfect shade now!

















I love shiny things, and those pink ones will get worn heaps i'm sure. The red buttons in the centre I plan to use on my Cherry Cardigan.






















I hope everyone else had a fab weekend too

xxx

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Every year I promise myself I'm going to get to Sydney for this Fair, and every year I forget. Looks like you guys had a great day, am really lovin' the 'Herb' shirt! Too cool!

Barn House Antiques said...

Your dress is amazing, you look amazing!!!

How did you find the crowd? I always find it a bit too much. I do love looking at everyone all dressed up though, the best looking crowd.

Andi B. Goode said...

You look AMAZING! I can't get over how perfect that dress is. Gosh.
-Andi x