Monday, August 08, 2011

MakeUp RoundUp

I love seeing what other people use and recommend, so here's my make-up round-up and what I love:


Clockwise from the left:
DB Beyond Amplifying Mascara in Brown-Black - this stuff is great and cheap! I'm allergic to most stay-proof mascara, but not to this one, and it never gives you panda-eye. When you hop in the shower it kinda peels off if that makes sense?

Illamasqua Illuminator in Halcyon - I'm a sucker for the packaging at Illamasqua, but this eye lid primer is fantastic. I get oily lids but this stuff will keep all my make up there for 12 hours - don't be put off by the 'sparkle', when you rub it into your lids and put matt shadow over the top it turns into a lovely glow.

Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Brown-Black - my go-to liquid liner.

Illamasqua Powder Compact, in 133 I think? - my only issue with Illamasqua products is the product number rubs off the bottom of everything! Grrr... Great powder though, so i'll forgive them.

Revlon Matte Eyeshadows - in 001 Vintage Lace, 005 Hazelnut and 009 Sable. I use the Sable on my eyebrows with a slanted brush.

Illamasqua Lip Liner in Fiesty - this colour is the perfect red for me, not too blue and not too pink. Its called a neutral red apparently. Love the consistency, however it tends to smudge a little bit. Max Factor Gold Liner in Fire 12 turns out to be a pretty similar colour, and i'll probably switch over when the Illamasqua runs out cos its super expensive.

MAC Sheertone Blush in Springsheen - it looks pretty apricot here, but is more peachy on the skin with out looking 'dirty'.

Revlon Matte Lipstick in 006, Really Red - the best, cheapest red matte lipstick in my opinion. I wear this nearly everyday. (get it off Ebay, much cheaper).

Illamasqua Matte Lipstick, in ManEater - a great vintage red, not too blue-based. Super matte and pretty drying if you don't use a lip liner underneath it first. This is my special occaision lipstick.

*****************

Everything except for the Illamasqua I bought off Ebay and saved 50-70% on the price - for example the Revlon Matte lipstick retails for about $30 here, and I bought it for $8 including postage.

Kinda makes up for spending crazy amounts on the Illamasqua...

1 comment:

Stella45 said...

I must find a black brown eye liner, never seen it but never search it to tell the truth !