Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Swagger Coat from Corticelli, mid 1930s

I'm chomping at the bit, waiting for Susan's A Stitch in Time Volume 2 to come out (it was pushed back by a couple of months). She has regular updates on her blog, which is barely tiding me over.

She posted a teaser picture of a 1930s Swagger Coat from her book, and I'm pretty sure that I have the original pattern from Corticelli. The original was knitted in 'Scone Beige' - what a fabulous colour name!

Copyright Susan Crawford





5 comments:

missfee said...

i am sure that miss marple wore this coat in the last series - love it heaps

Bex said...

I think you're right!

Andi B. Goode said...

Wow. That's an amazing coat. And Miss Marple did wear something similar though I'm not sure it was quite as long? (I can only remember seeing the top half now haha)
-Andi x

garofit said...

I'm having a similar style coat made at the moment; can't wait for it to be done!

Bex said...

You have someone knit for you? Jealous!