Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fido the pin-hound, from Stitchcraft February 1933

Today's free vintage knitting pattern isnt knitting at all - its a pin and needle keeper for your dressing table! I'd love to make one of these for myself, lord knows I keep losing my sewing needles everywhere.
If only I had a dressing table to put it on...













The body of the poodle is made with sawdust, and the pins are hidden under the long coat.





















This pattern featured in Stitchcraft February 1933 - this makes it the fifth issue of Stitchcraft to be published - they started printing in October 1932.

Hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Surely that's Dougal, from the Magic Roundabout?

http://www.fruugo.co.uk/magic-roundabout-florence-dougal-zebedee-fridge-magnet/p-1185017

Bex said...

Cute!