Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Land Girl Sweater KAL

Tasha over at By Gum By Golly is thinking of doing a KAL for Debbie Bliss's Land Girl Sweater.


















This one has been in my queue since it was first published, and I missed out on getting the magazines it was available in. Then I found a copy of Debbie Bliss Knitting with the pattern at Vinnies for 50c, which was an amazing score.

Tasha is looking at knitting it in the round and doing steeks (scary!), over 3-4 months. I wonder if I can fit it in between everything else i'm knitting at the moment?

I wonder what colours to use?

I do like the colours in these ones (from The Vintage Knitting Lady)


















Maybe I could take follow the inspired colour combinations the original owner wrote out for this pattern (from here)


















Jamaica, Pacific, Alpine Green, Geisha and Corsica ?

Black as a base for sure, but the other colours?
Ideas anyone?



3 comments:

Spinneretta said...

I am still trying to decide my own! LOL
I am thinking in two different colourways- one with the traditional creamy background and one with a grey... oh decisions, decisions!
It might be fun to go play over at http://www.colourlovers.com/ to try out ideas :)

Tasha said...

I REALLY like the colors in the first one you posted!!

Julia said...

I like the sweater from the first photo although I am not the sweater type.

celebrity bags