Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Short hair styling - adventures in growing out my hair

I can't get over how long my hair is now, and i'm alternating between loving it and wanting to cut it all off again.

My main issue is what to do with the back besides just bobby-pinning it down or wearing a scarf.
And don't get me started on how difficult to manage it is when i've washed it - I forgot all about that! Having short hair for the last 12 years means remembering the hard way.

*excuse the morning face*





















I re-coloured my hair last night (once a week I use Hot Chili Fudge as a stain to keep the colour vibrant), and set the front and sides in fingerwave clips. I wish I could do the back, but its really hard and I think sleeping in the clips would be really annoying anyway.

I set one side in waves down behind my ear, and the other side in a wave down my face ending with a curl over my ear.
Clip from Mimco, Scarf from OpShop






















I'm not sure that fingerwaves are the most flattering for my round face, but at least my hair is tamed for another day.

6 comments:

Vintage Grrl said...

The pinwaves look great!!! :D You're doing really well with the growing hair out thing :D I'm growing mine out too, not sure how long yet.. but it's at the stage where it's too long for short styles, but not long enough for long.

Bex said...

Aww thanks! And yeah, doesnt it drive you nuts?!

Vintage Grrl said...

Totally! Another 2" and I'm in a good styling place again... but I'm tempted to get it cut off again, I think I started about where you are now.. :D

Tamara said...

Oh adorable!!!

Justine said...

I can believe how long your hair is. And I love it! Wouldn't want it to be as long as it was in high school though, man that was a lot of hair...

Andi B. Goode said...

Oh, I love this look on you! I'm growing my hair, too, but seeing as mine was longish to start with it's not as frustrating (but I do know the growing from short hair frustration!)
-Andi x