Monday, November 28, 2011

1940's Style for You - Vintage Knitting Pron

There's nothing better than stumbling on vintage knitting pr0n!
1940's Style for You knits 1940's jumpers from original patterns, and are a goldmine for lovely knit-wear images. And she blogs over here...

All of these images are from their Facebook site - I believe the owner knits the jumpers to order, but only in the original size.

 

 



I recognise some of the patterns because I have them in my own collection/Etsy store - I really like the 5th one with the bow-tie neck. Maybe one day I can pay someone to knit for me, but right now i'm slogging away...

...on the Jumper of Doom. Seriously, I'm knitting the Travelling Man Jumper for Cowboy and its taken me a month just to do the shawl collar.

I'm itching to start something for me, but she want's a grandpa-jumper so bad that I promised I wouldnt start something else until its done.

6 comments:

Ginny said...

Ooh, they're all so lovely! I think the olive green one (next to last) is my favourite- that collar is beautiful! Followed closely by the red chevron striped one.

Tasha said...

Ooooh I would want them all! I was going to try and narrow down my favorite, but really, they are all pretty fabulous.

Desiree said...

These are darling. I really like the first one. This makes me wish I were a better knitter/crocheter. I can just poke around and make small things like hats that don't require much time, equipment, concentration, dedication, etc. It's so sad.

1940's knitter said...

Wow, I'm so pleased to have come across your blog because I'm the knitter of the jumpers you have featured. I'm very happy they've received a positive response :o) I'd just like to make one amendment re my knitting, I do knit to order and that does include re-sizing the jumper to any measurement. Check out my blog here http://fortiesknitter.blogspot.com/ or my Flickr page here http://www.flickr.com/photos/56072433@N05/
Thank you for featuring them in your blog x

Bex said...

Hey there! Thanks so much for commenting, your knitted jumpers are lovely!
I amended the post to include your blog too :)

1940's knitter said...

Thank you :o)