Sunday, November 06, 2011

Freddies of Pinewood - Dungaree Dolls

After seeing these in person a few months ago, I knew I had to have a pair!


I was a bit worried about the sizing as they were very expensive to get sent to Australia, only to have to return them for a different size. I neednt have worried - my waist is (currently) 34.5 inches, so I got the 34 and they fit perfectly.

The only issue was the weird excess fabric on the bib. I think they sized them up for busty girls with football player's shoulders.

Whats with that excess fabric??



I ended up pinching out the excess, and moving it down to the sides of the bust - then carefully sewing darts on the sides, matching their topstitching lines.

Viola!






















I am utterly in love with them, and even wore them yesterday when it was 32 degrees!

The above outfit is what I wore to see Lanie Lane on Friday - if you havent heard her music, you're missing out! Here's a clip of one of my favourites, "Thats's what you get for falling in love with a Cowboy"...

3 comments:

Kris said...

Super, super cute! And great job on the alterations. :)

Desiree said...

You look absolutely adorable. Love your hair. Smart move with the gingham pocket square. How cute are you?!

You give me the courage/inspiration to keep trying to grow my hair out and not cry! My hair's gonna be that length in a couple months, honest Thomas.

Bex said...

Aw thanks Desiree! Good luck, may the hair gods be with you...