Monday, November 07, 2011

Snow Train, Monarch Yarns circa. 1942

Today's free vintage knitting pattern comes frm a Monarch Yarns Booklet - but I can't remember the name, apologies. Its from 1942 and is for a lovely ski-set.

I WISH it got this cold in Australia - imagine wearing a little fair-isle head band to keep your ears warm?
*swoon*
I do think you'd get sweat band hair very quickly though.

This pattern is for all you see here - knitted cardigan (32-34-36 inch busts), head band, scarf and matching mittens.




3 comments:

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

Wow! I LOVE this pattern. It does get that cold here in St Louis. I must learn to do fair isle patterns!! Thank you for sharing :) x

Rachel Proffitt said...

Looks lovely :) It gets that cold here in Virginia too, so another pattern to add to my wishlist of things to knit :)

Laura said...

This looks gorgeous :) Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your beautiful patterns with us. I'm just getting into knititng in a major way and it's such a treat to find things like this.