Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lady Luck Festival, Katoomba

How much do I love the Lady Luck Festival!?
















This was the second year it's been on, and it was definitely bigger and better. The weather was typical Blue Mountains - cold, rainy and misty - hence no outside photos. It was a delight to be able to wear a cardigan in the middle of a muggy Sydney summer.

It was held in The Carrington, a grand old hotel in Katoomba. It was great to see rockabillies and vintage-folk parading around the lovely grounds and through the historic rooms.











































Our friend Sam, and Jakk looking spunky as always






















It wasn't till the day was over (and I was dishevelled from dancing) that I realised I failed to get a photo of what I was wearing! It's my new favourite dress, a graphic mid-century printed cotton dress from The Vintage Studio.

Dress, Etsy. Cardigan, op-shop. Dance shoes, Kmart.
Brooch, Newtown markets.























And then we drove back home through the mist, and fell promptly asleep!
I you all had a fabulous weekend too...
x

3 comments:

Barn House Antiques said...

Were the markets inside this year? Josh and I were going to head up but thought it might of been a wash for the markets as last year they were on the driveway.

Bex said...

It was great - they put all the classic cars in their massive garage area, and all the stalls were inside spread around the ground floor parlours :)
xx

Barn House Antiques said...

Ahhhhh... I should have gone :( Oh well next year!