Saturday, May 05, 2012

Blue and White and Rayen

Today was the Garage Sale Trail (an annual Australia-wide garage sale day), so Jakk and I decided it would be nice to make a day of it. Plus, it was also a chance to wear some of our nice vintage from the USA.

We stuck to Surry Hills (and the Surry Hills market), and while the vintage pickings are slim what you do find is normally a bargin.
I can finally tick one of those vintage bead shopping bags off my want list. The seller at the Market insisted I had to buy them all, crazy cheap for the lot. I only wanted the one on the far right! Hmm I think Ebay for the rest? Anyone want a bag? LOL.

















My other super favourite buy was these pair of 1940s 'Rayen' pumps. I have a heck of a time trying to get vintage shoes to fit my size 9 feet and these fit like a glove!










Even better, they matched the blue1940s silk crepe dress and bolero that I got at Viva!
Wah, why am I standing funny? Fix that belt woman!









































I love this suit to death. The silk crepe is comfortable to wear, and the chartreuse contrast with the blue is not something you see very often over here (in Australia). Plus - mini puffed sleeves! My favourite!

Dress and bolero: Rainbow Vintage at VLV
Telephone cord handbag: Belmont Vintage, Chicago
Shoes: Surry Hills Markets
Belt: Opshop
Bracelets: VLV and Modern Vintage Chicago

Did anyone else do the Garage Sale Trail?

6 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

I didn't even know about it! I shall have to remember next year (I was distracted by Free Comic Book Day). I love those shoes and how well they match the dress and those bags are really cute!! I love the handles.
-Andi x

Jannie said...

You look gorgeous... GORGEOUS...!

Vintage Grrl said...

Boy did you find some great stuff!!

I've been looking for one of those bags for AGES! And you found FOUR!!! So jealous!

Tasha said...

OOH both of those are great finds! I've been on the lookout for a purse like that, too. And how perfect are those shoes with your suit! Love the pleats on you.

Justine said...

Those shoes are amazing!

Desiree said...

So, so jealous you found vintage shoes that fit you!

-Desiree, Pop-o-matic Deluxe