Monday, June 25, 2012

A little swing in your step...

I love dancing so much but I can't get over how hard Swing/Lindy is to learn compared to Rockabilly. I really struggle with the foot work as its so different.

Jakk and I are onto our third class with SwingOut Sydney (same-sex Swing classes) and it's finally starting to gel thank goodness. We love Swing music, and its so lovely to be able to dance to it.

Its nice to be in a class that you don't have to worry that someone might be 'weird' about partnering up with a queer. I should point out that is a really rare occurance, and 99% of the people on the vintage/dance scene are fabulous, unfortunately you do encounter the 1% from time to time.

Here's a little video of us last night if you want to have a chuckle! (and yep, i'm wearing Freddies Dungaree Dolls if you want to see what they look like on a bigger girl).

video

6 comments:

Vintage Grrl said...

Doing well!! :D

MistressCatgirl said...

You two look adorable. I'd love to learn swing dancing but am afraid I'll end up tripping and land face first on the floor.

Lucy said...

I love swing dancing (watching not doing as I have 2 left feet!!) you two look like you're having fun :o)

Miss Emmi said...

I wonder if they have these in melbourne? I go to swing classes with my bf but if there is a gender imbalance in those classes you're kinda left dancing by yourself, which I think is silly. I know more girls into vintage things than I do guys, and would love to be able to dance lead with them on a night out. Also my bf complains that I'm always trying to lead anyway, haha

nancyworegreenstockings said...

How awesome is that class?!

You two look super cute!

In The Heyday said...

Yeah, it is a bit hard, and then something happens and it all starts to click! Keep going, you're doing well!