Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rock and Roll Markets, a quick peek

Naughty naughty, I forgot to post some photos from the re-vamped Sydney Rock and Roll Alternative Market on the 3rd of June!

The market used to be in Tempe, but its moved to a much better (in my opinion) location at the Manning Bar (Sydney University).

And it bucketed down with rain!


Despite the above photo, there was actually a lot of people there and the dance floor was packed.


Outfit: Beaded cardigan - Goodwill, San Francisco; Skirt - self made; Top - Portmans; Jewellery, Viva Las Vegas. Unfortunately, dancing and the rain had gotten to my hair by the time this photo was taken!

 
































My two favourite stalls, Coco Repose (hidden at the back) and Retro Station came up from the Sydney Antique Centre bringing shiny goodies for everyone to drool over, plus there were about 30 other sellers spread around the market.

I really hope the crowd was big enough for the market to keep running, as its a lovely (and free) thing for Sydney to have. If you havent been yet, I really recommend checking out the next one.

5 comments:

nancyworegreenstockings said...

The market looks like so much fun and you look wonderful!

MistressCatgirl said...

Your outfit is great. I really like the skirt fabric.

Solveig said...

Despite the rain, it looks lovely! And so do you, loving the skirt.

Barn House Antiques said...

I only put up my post the other day too. I am not sure if you recognised me from Love Vintage but I said hello to you, when we passed in the band room, if you were wondering who the random was saying hello to you! haha

AnnieLindsay-Smith said...

you look amazing, just like the photos of 50s girls you see. I really want a scarf like yours!

Annie
xx