Sunday, August 12, 2012

My good news!

Sorry for the lack of content this month - i've been working really hard on my little house and finally have some good news! My house has finally finished all the renovations and...

The bank is letting me buy (my ex) Fin out!
So my little 1930s dream house will be all mine....

I'll take some up to date photos soon, but here is the photo from when we bought it nearly four years ago.

















It looks much nicer now, let me assure you!

The other thing i've been doing is preparing a Guest Post for another blogger - I can't tell you the details yet but here is a sneaky photo from the shoot.






















Do you like the cherry brooch?
I found it in Chicago back in April (the Land of Vintage-Goodness), but the stems were crumbling and a cherry popped off.






















Lucky that Brittany from Va-Voom Vintage had an AMAZING post on how to repair them. 
I gritted my teeth, and with some green leather string, elbow grease and epoxy glue I had a fully functional cherry brooch again.






















I'll be posting some vintage knits again really soon - and I hope everyone had a great weekend.

x
Bex

10 comments:

Knitting-twitter said...

hi and congratulations and all the best
from this end of the world..
ciao ciao ciao Christa

garofit said...

Congratulations, it is a great thing in one's life to own their home.

Eva said...

Congratulations to having solved that. And let me say that you look gorgeous in that jumper.

MistressCatgirl said...

Congrats on the house! You look adorable and love the cherry brooch.

pumpener said...

That red jumper is the business! Did you knit it yourself? You've really inspired me to want to start knitting, do you have any suggestions of a good 40s knit for beginners? Congratz on your home owning news

M-H said...

How wonderful for you; I'm so pleased. Enjoy! And I'm looking forward to some photos.

Andi B. Goode said...

Congratulations! That's really great. :D
-Andi x

Moxie Tonic said...

Wonderful news!! Looking forward to see photos of all the work you've done :D

Bex said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments! (Pumpener, its the Lavenda Droplet Jumper, from Stiches in Time Vol 2 - thanks, I love it too)
x

Desiree said...

Congratulations! Also, your fruit earrings are darling.