Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fashion Supplement, October 1939

I'm currently writing up an intense blog post about knitting from vintage patterns, but for now i'd love to share another Fashion Supplement with you.

Its from Good Needlework October 1939 - for some added context, October 1939 saw Australia just begin to enter World War II, and the first air attack on Britain took place.
You can see the 'military shoulder' starting to feature in clothing (sqaure shoulders, shaped with darts) but fabric rationing wasnt yet in place.

I hope you enjoy looking at these designs!








2 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

Looking forward to the post! And I love these - I especially love the blouse and tie combo in the last one! Thanks for sharing :D

-Andi x

lollyknits.com said...

Those clothes are so fabulous! I'm excited to read your tips on vintage knitting, there are so many patterns on your site that I love, but they intimidate me :P