Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Lincoln Mills Striped Cardigan L802, c 1940s

I'm so very close to completing the 'Light and Lovely' jumper, from a Stitch in Time Volume 1 - although it's caused me so much frustration I nearly threw it in the bin!





















It very nearly broke my knitting spirit.
I'm just seaming it up, and will hopefully have some photos coming over the weekend!


In the meantime, please enjoy today's free vintage knitting pattern - a chevron striped jumper/cardigan from Lincoln Mills, c.1940s. It looks like a great way to use up those scraps from different projects you've been saving.

To fit a 34 inch bust.




8 comments:

MistressCatgirl said...

Both the jumpers are cute. I've been wanting to buy "A Stitch in Time Vol.2". Are the patterns in the first volume written or charts?

Bex said...

Thanks!

The ones in the first are written, except for the Fair Isle ones which have the patterns charted.
I think Vol 2 is the better buy of both books :) the patterns are written a bit better and the photos are lovey.

I think there's more projects too?
x

snippa said...

Gorgeous colour yarn you're using. Good luck with getting it finished.
The chevron pattern is lovely.

Lisa said...

Oooh, pretty! I've been thinking about making that but it seems so many of the patterns in the first book are full of errors - did you encounter anything we should be aware of?

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

I can't wait to see it finished! It looks beautiful. That chevron cardigan is so cute!! I may have to make that one next :)

Bex said...

@Lisa - oh yes, lots and lots of weirdness in this pattern!
I think the pattern might be ok if you're making it in the original size (34-36), but it gets a bit crazy for the 38 inch bust and bigger.

I'll do a full post on it in a few days with what I came across :)

x

lollyknits said...

I am LOVING that jumper pattern. I think it's the elegant grey color with black trim, and the precious wee bows, with the head scarf that makes her look so strong and badass. I'm desperately trying not to add it to my queue, but I'm not sure if I can resist..

Also, I am new to your blog, but I have to say, the combination of knitting and queer issues is interesting, enlightening, and thoughtful :)

Bobbi said...

I can't get the second page of the vintage pattern to print. Is there a trick to it?