Friday, November 16, 2012

Christmas Week - A Useful Tweed Scarf, c. 1950s

Do you have a stylish, chic and hard to buy for person in your life? Maybe a hand-knit scarf like this could be the answer.

There's something really classic and enduring about this scarf - I especially love the colour way of green, almond and white.

From 'Accessories by Stitchcraft', I believe it comes from the early-mid 1950s.
Knitted in Patons Fingering 2-ply on 2.25mm needles, I would suggest a light-fingering based on the gauge.




5 comments:

MistressCatgirl said...

This is so classic! I think my mother-in-law would love something like this.Thanks.

Bex said...

Im glad you like it ;)

Tasha said...

Ooh, I really like that! Very classy.

lollyknits.com said...

that scarf is unbelievably fabulous. it may need to go into the "things to knit for myself after christmas" pile.

snippa said...

Love this pattern but won't plan to have it completed for Christmas (this year!)