Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year - and an Easy 1930s Blouse Pattern

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope you're all safe and sound, and ready to dive head first into 2013.

So far, my New Year's evolutions are fairly modest - get my website up and running, and work on my Swing dancing with Jakk. I'd love to hear what yours are!

If one of your resolutions was to finally knit from a vintage knitting pattern, perhaps I have the perfect one for you below!

This knitted blouse from the Thirties is very quick and very easy.
Its knit using 3mm and 4.75mm needles using fingering weight cotton - and don't be put off by the 32 inch bust sizing.

The blouse is knit from the top down, in one piece (like a modern raglan) and the pattern is quite practical, saying to just add an inch or two (or several) where needed to get it to fit. Top down raglans are one of the easiest pattern styles to enlarge.

I hope you like it!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

I must be losing it as I cannot work this out at all. I think I'm just going to start knitting and see what happens!