Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mimco Campaign Photos

The finished shots have finally been launched!


 I still can't get over how great everyone looks.

It was such a great experience to be part of the Lovers Campaign, Jakk and I still reminisce about it!
Emma asked how we won - I sent in a photo of us from Las Vegas, with a short description of why our love rocks.
Cos it does.

Jakk - vintage repro shirt from Retrospec'd, Me - vintage mexican handpaint skirt, Portmans top

Boom - we were one of the lucky couples!
I'll be honest and say I didn't think we had a chance, we're a butch/femme dyke couple and I don't look like a typical Mimco model (plus-sized and tattoos).

The Mimco people were an amazing bunch, and it turned out they were looking for diverse representations of women for their campaign - yep, we're pretty diverse!


Part of the prize included being put up in The Olsen Art Hotel in South Yarra, Melbourne (fancy), getting hair and makeup done everyday for the shoots and a $2000 voucher to spend on Mimco stuff.

I liked Mimco before - but their company's approach towards their customers has made me huge fan!

I hope you got a giggle out of the photos too,
x

14 comments:

Moxie Tonic said...

Oh my gosh!! What an incredible opportunity and experience - you and Jakk are naturals and look fantastic :D

Simone D. said...

They're amazing photos Bex. Lucky you. You look fantastic, particularly in the last photo, in the black trousers. Good on you!

Barn House Antiques said...

OMG you two look great!!! This is AMAZING! What a fantastic opportunity. I love the Olsen! it is beautiful and their pillows are super comfy!

Mariela said...

Fabulous! You both look amazing and they did a great job capturing your both your personalities.

Penny-Rose said...

Wow, how exciting and amazing and you both look awesome.

missfairchildscharmschool said...

WOW! Amazing shots. Congratulations you both look fabulous.

Knitting-twitter said...

all I can say is double wow... fantastic
ciao ciao Christa

Emma said...

You guys look incredible and I think its fantastic that Mimco have gone for diversity and picked real people for there models!

Bex said...

Aww thanks Moxie!

Miss Emmi said...

Yay! I just got the email from Mimco and squealed when I saw you two! The other thing I really loved about this campaign was that there was no back-patting - you know, "look how diverse and tolerant we are" like some companies do. It's just recognizing the spread that exists in society. Loved it.

Jerri said...

Gorgeous photos! Congrats.

lollyknits.com said...

Those pics are awesome! It's nice to see real women portrayed as powerful and sexy in a culture that glorifies unhealthy and improbable bodies.

Tasha said...

INCREDIBLE! You guys look amazing!! Seriously, total drool-worthy photo set. What an amazing experience!

DaneMum said...

I absolutely agree! You and Jakk look awsome! Congrats on winning!