Monday, March 11, 2013

Paris-Inspired Knitted Swing Coat, from Stitchcraft November 1953

Oh my, that hat!
































Today's free vintage knitting pattern comes from Stitchcraft, November 1953, and is such a great example of the swing coats from that time. I really love the extra detailing in green - it makes the pattern just a little bit more special than others in my collection.

To fit a 34-37 inch bust, and knit using double-knittting (DK) on 3.25mm and 3.75mm needles.

6 comments:

BusyLizzie said...

Oooh this is super cute - love the colour accents. *sigh* another one for my ever growing knitting queue!

Kimberly said...

Hats like that make me want to make hats

Isis said...

Oh, I so wish I could knit!

Donatella M. said...

This is great! It will be my first project for next winter! thank you for this pattern!! will share it on my FB page later today :)
xox, d.
www.inspirationrealisation.com

smartygirl said...

this is perfect, definitely going in my queue!

G Mos said...

How does one make this larger? XL or 1X to be exact? All these vintage patterns are so small.