Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Happy Mardi Gras 2014!

Another year, and another Mardi Gras month of madness over.

This year was extra special (for me), as Jakk was able to borrow a scooter to ride with me in Dykes on Bikes. She loved it so much she's going to take motorcycle lessons so she can ride a bigger bike next year.
































Jakk was a sailor (in her WWII outfit) and I was a WOW (Woman Ordinance Worker).
It was a bit overcast, so Freddies Dungarees and a 1940's blouse (Smooth Sailing) seemed the practical outfit choice.

To complete the "We Can Do It" look, I made this sign for my bike...

femmes femme visibility dykes on bikes honda gb250 gay mardi gras























Getting ready to wait with a few of our friends from swing-dancing.
























































































If you want to know how it went, I think the grin on Jakk's face says it all!


Happy Mardi Gras, and I promised I'll be back to vintage posting shortly...
xxx

7 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

That's so awesome Jakk got to ride with you - you both look amazing. Everyone looks so happy :D

missfairchildscharmschool said...

It looks like you guys had a fabulous night. From the time I was a little girl "Dykes on Bikes" was always my favorite part of Mardi Gras.

Mariela said...

You two look so cute and happy! I love that in couples. Looks like it was a great ride too.

Lucy said...

Love your outfit! Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Helena said...

I just realised I was grinning away, looking at the smiles from all of you!

Sara Wood said...

You two are suuuuch a cute couple! Looks like a mega fun day, and how sweet to think of taking motorcycle lessons for next year.

Bex said...

aww Helena, that is the nicest comment, thank you!

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you liked the shots :)